Welcome to my Woodworking Blog - She Works Wood. Below are pictures of what I'm working on or have completed. I hope you enjoy the pictures and commentary, Marilyn in Seattle.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Training Wheels and why I love Veritas and Woodworking Guilds

Both allow me to be a better woodworker that I should be given the amount of time I've put in or talent I have.  First, the Veritas training wheels.  Bevel up planes and saw guides to name a few.  Here's the saw guide.


It allows me to cut dovetails much better than I could just by hand.  This handy little guide clamps on to the board and guides the angle of my saw as I cut my tails (something my sloppy sawing technique was really messing up).  The big magnet keeps the saw stuck to the guide.
Then I can flip it over and cut the pins by carefully sawing in the waste area.

Also the woodworking guilds I belong to REALLY help.  The two that I belong to are online (The WoodWisperer and the HandTool School).  Then there are all those blogs to keep up with.  So much fun and so much help.

No comments:

Post a Comment