Welcome to my Woodworking Blog - She Works Wood. Below are pictures of what I'm working on or have completed. I hope you enjoy the pictures and commentary, Marilyn in Seattle.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Woodworking Journey

I keep my eye on Craigslist for less expensive wood left over from projects. So far, I've had some pretty good luck and last week some one was selling 12 to 13" wide mahogany so we journeyed over to Bremerton to pick it up this morning.  We  decided to make a day of it since getting to Bremerton requires an hour ride on the ferry.
The Office
As always this ride has a fair of amount of wildlife to watch.  We saw the seals sleeping on the bouys just outside the doughnut shop (the fish pins).

 

 We stopped by the park next to the ferry dock and watched the water bursts.  Moses posed for us on one of the art works (yes, I'm holding a biscuit just under the camera lens).





And finally, we made it home with some nice mahogany for a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment